Top tourist attractions in Poland
Here is a list of top tourist attractions in Poland. Only the topmost tourist destinations are presented here. To see other destinations, please check the images from Poland section.
Curious if any of these place from Poland made it our best tourist attractions in the world list? Read the aformentioned article in order to find out.
You can also view all tourist attractions in Poland and other countries on our tourist attractions map.
Auschwitz concentration camp
Auschwitz concentration camp was a network of concentration and extermination camps built and operated by the Third Reich in Polish areas annexed by Nazi Germany during World War II. It consisted of Auschwitz I; Auschwitz II–Birkenau; Auschwitz III–Monowitz, and 45 satellite camps. Auschwitz I was first constructed to hold Polish political prisoners, who began to arrive in May 1940. The first extermination of prisoners took place in September 1941, and Auschwitz II–Birkenau went on to become a major site of the Nazi "Final Solution to the Jewish question". From early 1942 until late 1944, transport trains delivered Jews to the camp's gas chambers from all over German-occupied Europe, where they were killed with the pesticide Zyklon B. At least 1.1 million prisoners died at Auschwitz, around 90 per cent of them Jewish; approximately 1 in 6 Jews killed in the Holocaust died at the camp. Others deported to Auschwitz included 150,000 Poles, 23,000 Roma and Sinti, 15,000 Soviet prisoners of war, 400 Jehovah's Witnesses, and tens of thousands of people of diverse nationalities. Living conditions were brutal, and many of those not killed in the gas chambers died of starvation, forced labor, infectious diseases, individual executions, and medical experiments.
The Castle of the Teutonic Order in Malbork is the largest castle in the world by surface area, and the largest brick building in Europe. It was built in Prussia by the Teutonic Knights, a German Roman Catholic religious order of crusaders, in a form of an Ordensburg fortress. The Order named it Marienburg. The town which grew around it was also named Marienburg. The castle is a classic example of a medieval fortress and, on its completion in 1406, was the world's largest brick castle. UNESCO designated the "Castle of the Teutonic Order in Malbork" and the Malbork Castle Museum as the World Heritage Site in December 1997. It is one of two World Heritage Sites in the region with origins in the Teutonic Order. The other is the "Medieval Town of Toruń", founded in 1231 as the site of the castle Thorn.
Wieliczka Salt Mine
World Heritage Site
The Wieliczka Salt Mine, located in the town of Wieliczka in southern Poland, lies within the Kraków metropolitan area. The mine, built in the 13th century, produced table salt continuously until 2007, as one of the world's oldest salt mines still in operation. From its beginning and throughout its existence, the Royal mine was run by the Żupy krakowskie Salt Mines. Commercial mining was discontinued in 1996 due to low salt prices and mine flooding. The mine's attractions include dozens of statues, three chapels and an entire cathedral that has been carved out of the rock salt by the miners. The oldest sculptures are augmented by the new carvings by contemporary artists. About 1.2 million people visit the Wieliczka Salt Mine annually.
Wawel is a fortified architectural complex erected over many centuries atop a limestone outcrop on the left bank of the Vistula river in Kraków, Poland, at an altitude of 228 metres above the sea level. The complex consists of many buildings and fortifications; the largest and best known of these are Royal Castle and Wawel Cathedral which is the Basilica of St Stanisław and St Wacław. Some of the Wawel's oldest stone buildings, such as the Rotunda of the Virgin Mary can be dated to 970AD. There are also wooden parts of the complex which date to about the 9th century. The castle itself has been described as "one of the most fascinating of all European castles." The Wawel is a place of great significance to the Polish people: it first became a political power centre at the end of the first millennium AD and in the 9th century, the principal fortified castrum of the Vistulans tribe. The first historical ruler Mieszko I of Poland of the Piast dynasty and his successors: Boleslaw I the Brave and Mieszko II chose Wawel to be one of their residences. At the same time Wawel became one of the principal Polish centres of Christianity. The first early Romanesque buildings were erected there including a stone cathedral serving the bishopric of Kraków in the year 1000. From the reign of Casimir the Restorer Wawel became the leading political and administrative centre for the Polish State.
National Museum, Warsaw
The National Museum in Warsaw, Poland, is a national institution of culture, one of the largest museums in Poland and the largest in Warsaw. It comprises a rich collection of ancient art, counting about 11,000 pieces, an extensive gallery of Polish painting since the 16th century and a collection of foreign painting including some paintings from Adolf Hitler's private collection, ceded to the Museum by the American authorities in post-war Germany. The museum is also home to numismatic collections, a gallery of applied arts and a department of oriental art with the largest in Poland collection of Chinese art assembling some 5,000 objects. The Museum boasts the Faras Gallery with Europe's largest collection of Nubian Christian art and the Gallery of Medieval Art with artefacts from all regions historically associated with Poland, supplemented by selected works created in other regions of Europe.
The Centennial Hall is a historic building in Wrocław, Poland. It was constructed according to the plans of architect Max Berg in 1911–1913, when the city was part of the German Empire. As an early landmark of reinforced concrete architecture, it was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2006. The building is frequently visited by tourists and the local populace. It lies close to other popular tourist attractions, such as the Wrocław Zoo, the Japanese Garden, and the Pergola with its Multimedia Fountain.
The Royal Archcathedral Basilica of Saints Stanislaus and Wenceslaus on the Wawel Hill, also known as the Wawel Cathedral, is a Roman Catholic church located on Wawel Hill in Kraków, Poland. More than 900 years old, it is the Polish national sanctuary and traditionally has served as coronation site of the Polish monarchs as well as the Cathedral of the Archdiocese of Kraków. Pope John Paul II offered his first Mass as a priest in the Crypt of the Cathedral on 2 November 1946. The current, Gothic cathedral, is the third edifice on this site: the first was constructed and destroyed in the 11th century; the second one, constructed in the 12th century, was destroyed by a fire in 1305. The construction of the current one begun in the 14th century on the orders of bishop Nanker.
Polish Aviation Museum
The Polish Aviation Museum is a large museum of old aircraft and aircraft engines in Kraków, Poland. It is located at the site of the no-longer functional Kraków-Rakowice-Czyżyny Airport. This airfield, established by Austria-Hungary in 1912, is one of the oldest in the world. The museum opened in 1964, after the airfield closed in 1963. For the first half century of its existence the museum used four hangars of the former airfield to display its exhibits. These buildings were not originally designed for this purpose and suffered from various inadequacies, notably insufficient heating in winter. The situation improved when a new main building for the museum opened on 18 September 2010.
Royal Castle, Warsaw
The Royal Castle in Warsaw is a castle residency and was the official residence of the Polish monarchs. It is located in the Castle Square, at the entrance to the Warsaw Old Town. The personal offices of the king and the administrative offices of the Royal Court of Poland were located there from the 16th century until the Partitions of Poland. In its long history the Royal Castle was repeatedly devastated and plundered by Swedish, Brandenburgian, German, and Russian armies. The Constitution of 3 May 1791 was drafted here by the Four-Year Sejm. In the 19th century, after the collapse of the November Uprising, it was used as an administrative centre by the Tsar. Between 1926 and World War II the palace was the seat of the Polish president, Ignacy Mościcki. After the devastation done by Nazis during the Warsaw Uprising, the Castle was rebuilt and reconstructed. In 1980, Royal Castle, together with the Old Town was registry in UNESCO World Heritage Site. Today it is a historical and national monument, and is listed as a national museum.
The Gothic Wawel Castle in Kraków in Poland was built at the behest of Casimir III the Great, who reigned from 1333 to 1370, and consists of a number of structures situated around the central courtyard. In the 14th century it was rebuilt by Jogaila and Jadwiga of Poland. Their reign saw the addition of the tower called the Hen's Foot and the Danish Tower. The Jadwiga and Jogaila Chamber, in which the sword Szczerbiec, was used in coronation ceremonies, is exhibited today and is another remnant of this period. Other structures were developed on the hill during that time as well, in order to serve as quarters for the numerous clergy, royal clerks and craftsmen. Defensive walls and towers such as Jordanka, Lubranka, Sandomierska, Tęczyńska, Szlachecka, Złodziejska and Panieńska were erected in the same period. The Wawel Royal Castle and the Wawel Hill constitute the most historically and culturally important site in Poland. For centuries the residence of the kings of Poland and the symbol of Polish statehood, the Castle is now one of the country’s premier art museums. Established in 1930, the museum encompasses ten curatorial departments responsible for collections of paintings, including an important collection of Italian Renaissance paintings, prints, sculpture, textiles, among them the Sigismund II Augustus tapestry collection, goldsmith’s work, arms and armor, ceramics, Meissen porcelain, and period furniture. The museum’s holdings in oriental art include the largest collection of Ottoman tents in Europe. With seven specialized conservation studios, the museum is also an important center for the conservation of works of art.
Ojców National Park
Ojców National Park is a national park in Kraków County, Lesser Poland Voivodeship in southern Poland, established in 1956. It takes its name from the village of Ojców, where it also has its headquarters. Chopin visited Ojców in 1829. It is Poland's smallest national park, with an original area of 14.40 square kilometers, since expanded to 21.46 km². Of this area, 15.28 km² is forested and 2.51 km² is strictly protected. The park is approximately 16 kilometers north of Kraków, in the Jurassic Kraków-Częstochowa Upland.
National Museum, Kraków
The National Museum in Kraków, established in 1879, is the main branch of Poland's National Museum, which has several independent branches with permanent collections around the country. The Museum consists of 21 departments which are divided by art period; 11 galleries, 2 libraries, and 12 conservation workshops. It holds some 780,000 art objects, spanning from classical archeology to modern art, with special focus on Polish painting.
The Warsaw Zoological Garden, known simply as the Warsaw Zoo is a scientific zoo on Ratuszowa Street in Warsaw, Poland. The zoo covers about 40 hectares in central Warsaw, and sees 600,000 visitors annually. It is home to over 4,000 animals representing more than 500 species. The zoo is an accredited member of the European Association of Zoos and Aquaria and the World Association of Zoos and Aquariums.
Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum
The Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum is a memorial and museum in Oświęcim, Poland, which includes the German concentration camps Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II-Birkenau. It is devoted to the memory of the murders in both camps during World War II. The museum performs several tasks, among them research into the Holocaust.
Main Square, Kraków
The main square of the Old Town of Kraków, Lesser Poland, is the principal urban space located at the center of the city. It dates back to the 13th century, and at roughly 40,000 m² is the largest medieval town square in Europe. The Project for Public Spaces lists the square as the best public space in Europe due to its lively street life. The main square is a rectangular space surrounded by historic townhouses, palaces and churches. The center of the square is dominated by the Cloth Hall, rebuilt in 1555 in the Renaissance style, topped by a beautiful attic or Polish parapet decorated with carved masks. On one side of the cloth hall is the Town Hall Tower, on the other the 10th century Church of St. Adalbert and 1898 Adam Mickiewicz Monument. Rising above the square are the Gothic towers of St. Mary's Basilica.
The archaeological open air museum Biskupin is an archaeological site and a life-size model of an Iron Age fortified settlement in north-central Poland. When first discovered it was thought to be early evidence of Slavic settlement but archaeologists later confirmed it belonged to the Biskupin group of the Lusatian culture. The excavation and the reconstruction of the prehistoric settlement has played an instrumental part in Polish historical consciousness. The Museum is situated on a marshy peninsula in Lake Biskupin, ca. 90 kilometres northeast of Poznań, 8 km south of the small town of Żnin. It is a division of the National Museum of Archaeology in Warsaw.
Polish Army Museum
Museum of the Polish Army is a museum in Warsaw documenting the military aspects of the history of Poland. Created in 1920, it occupies a wing of the building of the Polish National Museum as well as several branches in Poland. It's Warsaw's second largest museum and the largest collection of military objects in Poland. The collection illustrates a thousand years of Polish military history - from the 10th century to the Second World War.
Body Of Water
Gdańsk Bay or the Bay of Gdańsk or Danzig Bay is a southeastern bay of the Baltic Sea. It is named after the adjacent port city of Gdańsk in Poland and is sometimes referred to as a gulf.
Książ is a castle in Lower Silesia, Poland in Wałbrzych. It was built in 1288-1292 under Bolko I the Strict. It lies within a protected area called Książ Landscape Park and is one of the city's main tourist attractions.
Chojnik Castle is a castle located above the town of Sobieszów, today part of Jelenia Góra in southwestern Poland. Its remains stand on top of the Chojnik hill within the Karkonosze National Park, overlooking the Jelenia Góra valley. The building of the fortress dates back to the times of the Silesian Piasts and for most of its time was in the possession of the Schaffgotsch noble family. Today the semi-ruined stronghold is a major tourist attraction and houses a hotel and a restaurant.
Słowiński National Park
Słowiński National Park is a National Park in Pomeranian Voivodeship, northern Poland. It is situated on the Baltic coast, between Łeba and Rowy. The northern boundary of the Park consists of 32.5 kilometres of coastline.
The Zachęta National Gallery of Art, short Zachęta, is one of Poland's most notable institutions for contemporary art. Situated in the centre of Warsaw, the main aim of the gallery is to present and support primarily Polish contemporary art and artists. With numerous temporary exhibitions of well known foreign artists, the gallery has also established itself internationally. The Polish term zachęta can be translated as encouragement or motivation and refers to the Towarzystwo Zachęty do Sztuk Pięknych, the Society for the Encouragement of Fine Arts founded in Warsaw in 1860.
The Dar Pomorza is a Polish sailing frigate built in 1909 which is preserved in Gdynia as a museum ship. She has served as a sail training ship in Germany, France, and Poland. Dar Pomorza won the Cutty Sark Trophy in 1980.
Biebrza National Park
Biebrza National Park is a national park in Podlaskie Voivodeship, northeastern Poland, situated along the Biebrza River. The largest of Poland’s 23 National Parks, the Biebrza National Park was created on September 9, 1993. Its total area is 592.23 km², of which forests cover 155.47 km², fields and meadows covering 181.82 km² and marshes with an area of 254.94 km².
Warsaw Railway Museum
The Railway Museum in Warsaw is located in the former Warsaw Główna PKP railway terminus and is a mere stone's throw away from the Warszawa Ochota railway station. The museum's exhibits are divided into permanent and temporary collections — the latter being displayed inside the museum's galleries. The permanent collection consists of historic rolling stock that is displayed on the tracks outside. The museum also contains a library which houses many books on the subject of Polish railways. During the interwar period the museum's headquarters were located at 1 Nowy Zjazd Street. On 30 July 2009, PKP S.A. the Polish state railway company served notice to quit on the Museum authorities requiring them to vacate their current location by 31 August 2009. However, as of January 2012, the museum remains in place and open to the public.
Rural Architecture Museum of Sanok
The Rural Architecture Museum of Sanok is one of the biggest open air museums in Poland. It was established in 1958 by Aleksander Rybicki and contains 200 buildings which have been relocated from different areas of Sanok Land. The Sanok museum shows 19th and early 20th century life in this area of Poland.
Krzyżtopór is a castle located in the village of Ujazd, Iwaniska commune, Opatów County, Świętokrzyskie Voivodeship, in southern Poland. It was originally built by a Polish nobleman and Voivode of Sandomierz, Krzysztof Ossoliński. The castle was partially destroyed during the Swedish invasion known as The Deluge in 1655, and then reduced to ruin during the war of the Bar Confederation by the Russians in 1770.
The Green Gate in Gdańsk, Poland, is one of the city's most notable tourist attractions. It is situated between Long Market and the River Motława.
Grodziec castle has a history dating back to 1155 and is located in the Silesia region of Poland.
Market Square, Wrocław
The Market Square, Wrocław is a medieval market square in Wrocław, now the heart of a pedestrian zone. The square is rectangular with the dimensions 213 x 178m. It is one of the largest markets in Europe, with the largest town hall in Poland. The buildings around the square are built according to different styles: the middle part of the ring is occupied by a block of buildings consisting of the Town Hall, the New City Hall as well as numerous citizens' houses. The market square is an urban ensemble with the two diagonally contiguous areas - the Salt Market and the square in front of St. Elisabeth's Church. Eleven streets lead to the market: two to each corner, two narrow lanes and an opened out side square, Kurzy Targ. The market was founded according to Magdeburg law as early as the rule of Henry I the Bearded between 1214 and 1232. Over time, the patricians' houses appeared and by the middle of the 14th century they had formed a closed construction with the limits of the plots defined. In the 19th century the square was connected to the tram lines, at first a horse-drawn system, but after 1892 electric. Through to the end of the 1970s, cars were able to drive through along an east-west axis. Between 1996 and 2000 the square was resurfaced, while the east side, the last to be accessible to cars, was pedestrianised.
The Villa Atma in Zakopane, Poland, is a historic chalet housing the Karol Szymanowski Museum, department of the National Museum in Kraków. It was built in late-19th-century as a guest house in a popular Zakopane Style and expanded in 1926 to include seven rooms. The name 'Atma', is derived form the Sanskrit word for 'soul'. The house was rented by Szymanowski for six years between 1930 and 1936 as his main residence before his death in 1937. It was purchased through a fundraising campaign led by writer Jerzy Waldorff in Communist Poland, and has opened its doors as a museum on March 6, 1976.
National Museum, Szczecin
The National Museum in Szczecin is a museum in Szczecin, Poland, established on 1 August 1945. The main part of an exhibition is placed in Landed Gentry House, Staromłyńska 27 Street. The All five parts parts are: ⁕The Main Building of the Muzeum Narodowe w Szczecinie, Wały Chrobrego 3 Street ⁕The Szczecin's History Museum, Old City Town Hall in Szczecin, Księcia Mściwoja II 8 Street ⁕The Old Art Gallery of the Muzeum Narodowe w Szczecinie, Staromłyńska 27 Street ⁕The Museum of Contemporary Art, Staromłyńska 1 Street ⁕The Narrow Gauge Railway Exhibition in Gryfice
The Long Market in Gdańsk, Poland, is one of the most notable tourist attractions of the city. It is situated between the end of Long Lane and Green Gate.
Motława is a river in Eastern Pomerania in Poland. The source is in Szpegawskie Lake, northeast from Starogard Gdański. It goes through Rokickie Lake, and goes to Leniwka. Length 64.7 km, drawn area 1511.3 km². The city of Gdańsk is situated at its mouth in the Leniwka. In Gdańsk, the Motława ferry crosses the river, a service that has run since 1687. The Polish name Motława is derived from the Old Prussian language. In German the river is known as Mottlau. A common theory for the etymology of the cities Gdańsk and Gdynia is that they are named after an older Polish and Kashubian name for the river, Gdania.
Silesian Museum is a museum in the city of Katowice, Poland.
Old Town in Gdańsk refers to the part of the city north of the modern city center. Notable structures include: ⁕Gdańsk Granaries ⁕Gdańsk Mills ⁕Gdańsk Town Hall ⁕Monument of King Sobieski ⁕Polish Post ⁕several old buildings and churches
Botanic Garden of the Jagiellonian University
The Botanic Garden of the Jagiellonian University is a botanical garden, founded in 1783 in Kraków. It is located east of the Old Town and occupies 9.6 hectares. It belongs to the Jagiellonian University and is classified as a historical location.
Museum of Papermaking in Duszniki-Zdrój
The Museum of Papermaking in Duszniki-Zdrój – a museum of the Lower Silesia Voivodeship Selfgovernment located in Duszniki-Zdrój in Poland, founded in 1968 in an old 17th century paper mill on the Bystrzyca Dusznicka river. The paper mill is one of the most architecturally valuable industrial monuments in Europe. It is characteristic for its shingle roofing trimmed with a baroque volute from the west and the original entrance pavilion and inside the building – the 17-19th century wall paintings. The tradition of papermaking in Duszniki dates back to the 16th century; the first record about the paper mill comes from 1562, and tells about the sale of his shares in the moulding room by Ambrosius Tepper to Nicolas Kretschmer. The original paper mill was destroyed in the flood in 1601. The mill was rebuilt and making of paper was resumed in 1605. The museum was opened for visitors on July 26, 1968, and three years later paper production by hand was launched on show. The moulding room soon became an attraction drawing tens of thousands of tourists every year. The flood of 1998 inflicted a great damage on the paper mill. Water washed the foundations of the drying room and deposited tons of mud and debris inside the building. The damage was repaired thanks to the financial assistance from the Polish government. In 2007-2008 due to extensive alterations, the museum was adapted to the needs of disabled visitors.
Golden Gate in Gdańsk, Poland, German Langgasser Tor, is one of the most notable tourist attractions of the city. It was raised in 1612–14 in place of the 13th century gothic gate. It is located at one end of Long Lane, where, together with Brama Wyżynna and Wieża Więzienna, it forms a part of the old city fortifications. It was designed by architect Abraham van den Blocke and was constructed by Jan Strakowski. The architectural style of the gate is Dutch manierism. Next to it is the late-gothic building of the Brotherhood of St.George. Both sides of the gate have attiques, with figures symbolising citizen's qualities. They were designed in 1648 by Jeremias Falck, and reconstructed in 1878 due to the originals being damaged by time and climate. From the West side they represent: Pax, Libertas, Fortuna and Fama. From the East side they are Concordia, Iustitia, Pietas and Prudentia. The Latin inscription on the gates reads: Concordia res publicæ parvæ crescunt - discordia magnæ concidunt, which means "In agreement small republics grow, because of disagreement great [republics]fall".
Palace of the Kraków Bishops in Kielce
The Palace of the Kraków Bishops in Kielce, was built in the 17th century as a summer residence of Bishops of Kraków in Kielce, Poland. The architecture of the palace constitute a unique mélange of Polish and Italian traditions and reflects political ambitions of its founder. Currently the palace houses a branch of the National Museum with an important gallery of Polish paintings.
Narrow Gauge Railway Museum in Wenecja
Narrow Gauge Railway Museum in Wenecja near Żnin is an open air museum collecting and exhibiting steam locomotives, passenger and freight cars, trolleys, railwaymen's tools, signalling equipment, contents of an old waiting room, old maps. The 600 mm Narrow Gauge Railway Museum in Wenecja is a department of the Muzeum Ziemi Pałuckiej and was established in 1972 at a suggestion of enthusiasts of the Pałuki region, of which Żnin is considered the capital. The Museum has collected numerous steam locomotives. One of the oldest is the German one made by Orenstein & Koppel in Berlin in 1900. The Tx-1116 locomotive made by Henschel & Son and the Tx4-564 locomotive made by Hanomag are also very interesting. A real rarity is the Belgian locomotive No.2179 made by Les Ateliers Metallurgiques Nivelles with the unique wheel arrangement 4-6-2, and the only one which has steam brakes. There are also steam locomotives made in the first Polish plant in Chrzanów. The Narrow Gauge Railway Museum in Wenecja is situated at the foot of the ruins of the medieval castle built in the 14th century by legendary Mikołaj Nałecz. Tourists can travel on the historic narrow gauge railway from Żnin via Wenecja to Biskupin which is famous for a reconstruction of the Lusatian culture settlement and the Archaeological Museum.
SS Sołdek was a Polish coal and ore freighter. She was the first ship built in Poland after World War II and the first seagoing ship completed in Poland. She was the first of 29 ships classed as Project B30, built between 1949 and 1954 in Stocznia Gdańska. The name was given in honour of Stanisław Sołdek, one of the shipyard's shock workers. The ship is currently preserved as a museum ship in Gdańsk.
Brühl Palace, Warsaw
The Brühl Palace, otherwise known as Sandomierski Palace standing at Piłsudski Square. It was a large palace and one of the most beautiful rococo buildings in pre-World War II Warsaw.
Sienkiewicz Street, Kielce
Henryk Sienkiewicz Street in Kielce is the main commercial and historic "artery" of the city of Kielce, Poland. It was built in the middle of the 19th century. It was originally called ulica Konstantego, then Postal Street and in 1919 it received its present name. Shops and department stores are located there as well as historic buildings and monuments. It is approximately 1270 meters long and runs from the railway station situated next to the Independence square to the Moniuszko Square.
Upper Silesian Ethnographic Park
The Upper Silesian Ethnographic Park or Górnośląski Park Etnograficzny is an open-air museum in Chorzów, Poland. It is referred to as a skansen, stemming from the first open air museum of its kind, the Skansen in Stockholm, Sweden. The area of the park is 25 hectare. The museum presents a range of agricultural buildings from all over Silesia. Amongst those are cottages from the Beskids, farmsteads from the Pszczyna region, a wooden church from Nieboczowy dating from the 18th century and a large number of buildings and artifacts from Istebna in Cieszyn Silesia.
Park Krakowski is a 12.5 acres city park located in Krakow, in southern Poland. The park, founded in 1885, was modelled after similar parks in Vienna. It is a contemporary sculpture park.
Niesytno Castle was a castle in the south-west of Poland, near the village of Płonina, situated west of Bolków. When the castle had turned into ruins, the Płonina Palace was built at the same site, though the place is still often referred to as Niesytno Castle. It has decayed over the years, and only its ruins have remained. It is in private hands and closed for public, but is along the touristic Piastowskich Castle Route.
Muzeum Śląska Cieszyńskiego
The Muzeum Śląska Cieszyńskiego is a museum in the town of Cieszyn, Silesian Voivodeship, Poland. It was founded in 1802 by Leopold Szersznik, a Jesuit priest, and is one of the oldest public museums in Poland. The museum focuses on the history and traditions of Silesia, especially the region of Cieszyn Silesia. The museum is located in the Pałac Laryszów, built in 1794. It is divided in the following sections: ⁕archaeology: Materials from excavation research on the castle mountain in Cieszyn and in the town centers of Międzyświeć and Bielsko ⁕ethnography: instruments and objects of daily applications, embroideries, lace and silver decorations of people's apparels, oil paintings, trówły etc. ⁕photography: both old photographic instruments and old photographes as well as transparencies ⁕history ⁕art ⁕technique There are also temporary exhibitions. The exposition is grouped in exactly the same way as the founder, Leopold Szersznik, left it, resembling a cabinet of curiosities. The interiors are restored to their original style and there is a room which is decorated with arcadian landscapes and cherubs riding on goatback. The stable was built by then owner Filip Saint-Genois d'Anneaucourt in 1831 and is now the museum café.
Szczecin Landscape Park
Szczecin Landscape Park is a protected area in north-western Poland, established in 1981 and covering an area of 91 square kilometres. Its full name refers to the forest known as Puszcza Bukowa, which covers most of the area of the Park. The Park lies within West Pomeranian Voivodeship, partly within the city of Szczecin, and partly in Gryfino County.
The Łańcut Synagogue is a Baroque synagogue in Łańcut, Poland. The Łańcut Synagogue is a rare surviving example of the four-pillar, vaulted synagogues that were built throughout the Polish lands in both wood and masonry from the sixteenth through the early nineteenth centuries. The synagogue was renovated in the mid-20th century, and underwent renovations in the years 1983-1990.