Top tourist attractions in Argentina
Here is a list of top tourist attractions in Argentina. Only the topmost tourist destinations are presented here. To see other destinations, please check the images from Argentina section.
Curious if any of these place from Argentina made it our best tourist attractions in the world list? Read the aformentioned article in order to find out.
You can also view all tourist attractions in Argentina and other countries on our tourist attractions map.
Teatro Colón, Buenos Aires
The Teatro Colón is the main opera house in Buenos Aires, Argentina, acoustically considered to be amongst the five best concert venues in the world. The present Colón replaced an original theatre which opened in 1857. Towards the end of the century it became clear that a new theatre was needed and, after a 20-year process, the present theatre opened on 25 May 1908, with Giuseppe Verdi's Aïda. The Teatro Colón was visited by the foremost singers and opera companies of the time, who would sometimes go on to other cities including Montevideo, Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo. After this period of huge international success, the theatre's decline became clear and plans were made for massive renovations. After an initial start of works to restore the landmark in 2005, the theatre was closed for refurbishment from October 2006 to May 2010. It re-opened on 24 May 2010, with a programme for the 2010 season.
La Casa Rosada is the executive mansion and office of the President of Argentina. The palatial mansion is known officially as Casa de Gobierno, which means "House of Government" or "Government House" in English language. Normally, the President lives at the Quinta de Olivos, the official residence of the President of Argentina, which is located in Olivos, Buenos Aires Province. The characteristic color of the Casa Rosada is baby pink, and is considered one of the most emblematic buildings in Buenos Aires. The Casa Rosada also has a museum, which contains objects relating to former presidents of Argentina. The Casa Rosada has been declared a National Historic Monument of Argentina.
La Recoleta Cemetery
La Recoleta Cemetery is a cemetery located in the Recoleta neighbourhood of Buenos Aires, Argentina. It contains the graves of notable people, including Eva Perón, presidents of Argentina, Nobel Prize winners, the founder of the Argentine Navy and a granddaughter of Napoleon. In 2011, the BBC hailed it as one of the world's best cemeteries, and in 2013, CNN listed it among the 10 most beautiful cemeteries in the world.
La Boca, Buenos Aires
La Boca is a neighborhood, or barrio of the Argentine capital, Buenos Aires. It retains a strong European flavour, with many of its early settlers being from the Italian city of Genoa. In fact the name has a strong assonance with the Genoese neighborhood of Boccadasse, and some people believe that the Buenos Aires barrio was indeed named after it. The conventional explanation is that the neighborhood sits at the mouth of the Riachuelo. In 1882, after a lengthy general strike, La Boca seceded from Argentina, and the rebels raised the Genoese flag, which was immediately torn down personally by then President Julio Argentino Roca. Among sports fans, Boca is best known for being the home of world renowned football club Boca Juniors. The club plays their home matches in the Estadio Alberto J. Armando, popularly known as La Bombonera La Boca is a popular destination for tourists visiting Argentina, with its colourful houses and pedestrian street, the Caminito, where tango artists perform and tango-related memorabilia is sold. Other attractions include the La Ribera theatre, many tango clubs and Italian taverns.
Iguazú National Park
The Iguazú National Park is a national park of Argentina, located in the Iguazú Department, in the north of the province of Misiones, Argentine Mesopotamia. It has an area of 550 km².
Perito Moreno Glacier
The Perito Moreno Glacier is a glacier located in the Los Glaciares National Park in southwest Santa Cruz province, Argentina. It is one of the most important tourist attractions in the Argentine Patagonia. The 250 km² ice formation, and 30 km in length, is one of 48 glaciers fed by the Southern Patagonian Ice Field located in the Andes system shared with Chile. This icefield is the world's third largest reserve of fresh water. The Perito Moreno glacier, located 78 kilometres from El Calafate, was named after the explorer Francisco Moreno, a pioneer who studied the region in the 19th century and played a major role in defending the territory of Argentina in the conflict surrounding the international border dispute with Chile.
Los Glaciares National Park
Los Glaciares National Park is a federal protected area in Santa Cruz Province, Argentina, the second largest national park in the country, comprising an area of 726,927 ha. Established in 1937, it houses a representative sample of the Magellanic Subpolar Forest and western Patagonian Steppe biodiversity in good state of conservation. In 1980 it was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. The park's name refers to the giant ice cap in the Andes range that feeds 47 large glaciers, of which 13 flow towards the Atlantic Ocean. The ice cap is the largest outside of Antarctica and Greenland. In other parts of the world, glaciers start at a height of at least 2,500 m above mean sea level, but due to the size of the ice cap, these glaciers begin at only 1,500 m, sliding down to 200 m Los Glaciares borders Torres del Paine National Park to the south in Chilean territory.
Ischigualasto Provincial Park
Ischigualasto Provincial Park, also called Valle de la Luna, is a provincial protected area located in the north-east of San Juan Province, north-western Argentina, limiting to the north with the Talampaya National Park, in La Rioja Province. Both areas belong to the same geological formation, the Ischigualasto Formation, and have been declared as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
Buenos Aires Zoo
The Buenos Aires Zoo is an 45-acre zoo in the Palermo district of Buenos Aires, Argentina. The Zoo contains 89 species of mammals, 49 species of reptiles and 175 species of birds, with a total of over 2,500 different animals. The institution's goals are to conserve species, produce research and to educate the public.
Plaza de Mayo
The Plaza de Mayo is the main square in the Monserrat barrio of central Buenos Aires, Argentina. It is flanked by Hipólito Yrigoyen, Balcarce, Rivadavia and Bolívar streets. Since being the scene of the 25 May 1810 revolution that led to independence, the plaza has been a hub of political life in Argentina.
The Latin American Art Museum of Buenos Aires is a museum located on Figueroa Alcorta Avenue, in the Palermo section of Buenos Aires. Created by Argentine businessman Eduardo Constantini, the museum is operated by the not-for-profit Fundación MALBA – Constantini, and was inaugurated on September 21, 2001. The institution was organized around the Costantini Collection, and has continued to expand its selection of works from modern artists from across Latin America. It also maintains a dynamic cultural center, which serves to constantly updates art and film exhibitions and develops cultural activities. The museum welcomes over a million visitors annually, and is also sustained by over 1,400 active patrons. The mission of the MALBA is to collect, preserve, research and promote Latin American art from the onset of the 20th century to the present. This also involves educating the public to foster their knowledge in Latin American artists, in the diversity of cultural and artistic holdings in this region, sharing such responsibility both with the national and the international community. The building project was executed by AFT Architects, a renowned Argentine architectural firm.
Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes
The National Museum of Fine Arts is an Argentine art museum in Buenos Aires, located in the Recoleta section of the city. The MNBA inaugurated a branch in Neuquén in 2004.
Quebrada de Humahuaca
World Heritage Site
The Quebrada de Humahuaca is a narrow mountain valley located in the province of Jujuy in northwest Argentina, 1,649 km north of Buenos Aires. It is about 155 km long, oriented north-south, bordered by the Altiplano in the west and north, by the Sub-Andean hills in the east, and by the warm valleys in the south. The name quebrada translates as a deep valley or ravine. It receives its name from Humahuaca, a small city of 11,000 inhabitants. The Grande River, which is dry in winter, flows copiously through the Quebrada in the summer. The region has always been a crossroads for economic, social and cultural communication. It has been populated for 10,000 years, since the settlement of the first hunter-gatherers, which is evidenced by substantial prehistoric remains. It was a caravan road for the Inca Empire in the 15th century, then an important link between the Viceroyalty of the Río de la Plata and the Viceroyalty of Peru, as well as a stage for many battles of the Spanish War of Independence. The Quebrada de Humahuaca was made a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2 July, 2003.
Buenos Aires Metropolitan Cathedral
The Buenos Aires Metropolitan Cathedral is the main Catholic church in Buenos Aires, Argentina. It is located in the city center, overlooking Plaza de Mayo, on the corner of San Martín and Rivadavia streets, in the San Nicolás neighbourhood. It is the mother church of the Archdiocese of Buenos Aires. The Cathedral of Buenos Aires was rebuilt several times since its humble origins in the 16th century. The present building is a mix of architectural styles, with an 18th-century nave and dome and a severe, 19th-century Neoclassical façade without towers. The interior keeps precious 18th-century statues and altarpieces, as well as abundant Neo-Renaissance and Neo-Baroque decoration.
Obelisco de Buenos Aires
Obelisco de Buenos Aires is a national historic monument and icon of Buenos Aires. Located in the Plaza de la República, in the intersection of avenues Corrientes and 9 de Julio, it was built to commemorate the fourth centenary of the first foundation of the city. In order to enrich the surroundings of the iconic monument, the government of the city started the project Punto Obelisco, creating a zone full of LED signs. Since the Obelisk of the city is always associated with the night and entertainment of Buenos Aires, this project creates a zone similar to Times Square in New York and Picadilly Circus in London.
National Flag Memorial
The National Flag Memorial in Rosario, Argentina, is a monumental complex built near the shore of the Paraná River. It was inaugurated on June 20, 1957, the anniversary of the death of Manuel Belgrano, creator of the Argentine flag, who raised it for the first time n an island on the opposite shore of the river on February 27, 1812. The complex has a total area of about 10,000 square metres, and was built mostly using stone from the Andes, under the direction of architects Ángel Guido and Alejandro Bustillo, and the sculptors José Fioravanti, Alfredo Bigatti and Eduardo Barnes. The Monumento has three parts: the Tower or mast, 70 metres high, which commemorates the Revolution of May 1810 and houses Manuel Belgrano's crypt in its base; the Civic Courtyard, which symbolizes the effort of the organization of the state, and the Triumphal Propylaeum, representing the Nation as organized after the 1853 Constitution. Under the Propylaeum there is the Honour Room for the Flags of America. The complex faces Belgrano Avenue, and is delimited by Córdoba St. and Santa Fe St., which slope down towards the river at this point. The Propylaeum can be accessed from the pedestrian passage called Pasaje Juramento, which starts at Buenos Aires St. between the municipal building and the Cathedral, in front of Plaza 25 de Mayo. The passage is flanked by statues by famous sculptor Lola Mora.
Buenos Aires Cabildo
The Buenos Aires Cabildo is the public building in Buenos Aires that was used as seat of the ayuntamiento during the colonial times and the government house of the Viceroyalty of the Río de la Plata. Today the building is used as a museum.
The Iberá Wetlands or Iberá Provincial Nature Reserve are a mix of swamps, bogs, stagnant lakes, lagoons, natural slough and courses of water in the center and center-north of the province of Corrientes, Argentina. The Esteros are the second-largest wetlands in world after Pantanal in Brazil. They are of pluvial origin, with a total area 15,000 to 20,000 km². Since 1982, the wetlands are part of a protected area, which comprises 13,000 km². Iberá is also one of the most important fresh water reservoirs in the continent. In 2002 an area of 245 km² has been listed as a Wetland of International Importance under the Ramsar convention. The Natural Reserve is known for its biodiversity, including four species that have been declared "provincial natural monuments": the neotropical river otter, the maned wolf, the pampas deer, and the marsh deer. It is also home to the two Argentine species of alligator, the Yacare caiman and the broad-snouted caiman, as well as the capybara and about 350 bird species.
Lanín is an ice-clad, cone-shaped stratovolcano on the border of Argentina and Chile. It forms part of two national parks: Lanín in Argentina and Villarrica in Chile. It is a symbol of the Argentine province of Neuquén, being part of its flag and its anthem. Although the date of its last eruption is not known, it is estimated to have occurred within the last 10,000 years. Following the 1906 Valparaíso earthquake a local newspaper reported the volcano to have erupted, however in a work published in 1917 by Karl Sapper claims the news was disputed. The ascent is regulated by the management of Argentine National Parks and the Argentine National Gendarmerie, and is technically relatively simple but has however a much higher level of exposure than the neighbouring volcanoes. The nearest towns, usually employed as a base for climbers, are Pucón in Chile and Junín de los Andes in Argentina. There are two paths to the summit: one on the north, starting at 1,200 metres above mean sea level near Tromen Lake and the international Mamuil Malal Pass, accessible via Neuquén's Provincial Route 60; and one on the south, starting beside Huechulafquen Lake, accessible via Provincial Route 61.
Bernardino Rivadavia Natural Sciences Museum
The Bernardino Rivadavia Natural Sciences Museum is a public museum located in the Caballito section of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Chapelco, or Cerro Chapelco, is a mountain and massif in Neuquén Province, south-western Argentina. The ski station of the same name is located 19 kilometres from the resort town of San Martín de los Andes. Designed by Federico Graeff and established in 1946, Chapelco became an increasingly popular tourist destination after 1970. The station maintains a ski and snowboard school with 200 instructors for all ages as well as numerous lodges, the most important of which is the Graeff Lodge; eight restaurants; a ski and snowboard rental and repair center; boutiques and cybercafés; and emergency and other basic services. The station is accessible via National Route 234 from San Martín de los Andes, and via a two-hour flight from Jorge Newbery Airport in Buenos Aires to the Gaspar Campos Chapelco Airport.
San Ignacio Miní
World Heritage Site
San Ignacio Miní was one of the many missions founded in 1632 by the Jesuits in what the Spanish called the Province of Paraguay in the Americas during the Spanish colonial period. It is located near present-day San Ignacio valley, some 60 km north of Posadas, Misiones Province, Argentina. In 1984 it was one of four reducciones in Argentina to be designated by UNESCO as World Heritage Sites.
Centro Cultural Recoleta
The Recoleta Cultural Centre is an exhibition and cultural events centre located in the barrio of Recoleta, Buenos Aires, Argentina. It holds sculptures and exhibitions, as well as concerts and artistic presentations and workshops of diverse types. in September/October 2006 it held the wildly successful onedotzero festival attracting over 20,000 people in 3 days for installations, live performances, screenings and music.
La Plata Museum
The La Plata Museum is a natural history museum in La Plata, Argentina. It is part of the Facultad de Ciencias Naturales y Museo of the UNLP. The building, 135 meters long, today houses 3 million fossils and relics, an amphitheatre, opened in 1992, and a 58,000-volume library, serving over 400 university researchers. Around 400,000 visitors pass through its doors yearly, including a thousand visiting researchers.
Parque Tres de Febrero
Parque Tres de Febrero, also known as the Bosques de Palermo, is an urban park of approximately 400 hectares located in the neighborhood of Palermo in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Located between Libertador and Figueroa Alcorta Avenues, it is known for its groves, lakes, and rose gardens. Following the 1852 overthrow of strongman Juan Manuel de Rosas, his extensive northside Buenos Aires properties became public lands and, in 1862, a municipal ordinance provided for a city park on most of that land. On the initiative of Congressman Vicente Fidel López and President Domingo Sarmiento, work began in 1874 on Parque Tres de Febrero, named in honor of February 3, 1852, the date of the defeat of Governor Rosas, among whose opponents had been Sarmiento. Designed by urbanist Jordán Czeslaw Wysocki and architect Julio Dormal, the park was inaugurated on November 11, 1875. The dramatic economic growth of Buenos Aires afterwards helped to lead to its transfer to the municipal domain in 1888, whereby French Argentine urbanist Carlos Thays was commissioned to expand and further beautify the park, between 1892 and 1912. Thays designed the Zoological Gardens, the Botanical Gardens, the adjoining Plaza Italia and the Rose Garden.
Mundo Marino is the largest aquarium in South America. It is in San Clemente del Tuyú, Argentina.
Buenos Aires Japanese Gardens
The Buenos Aires Japanese Gardens are a public space administered by the non-profit Japanese Argentine Cultural Foundation and are one of the largest gardens of its type in the World, outside of Japan.
Estadio Marcelo Bielsa
Estadio Marcelo Bielsa is Newell's Old Boys' multi-use stadium in Rosario, Argentina. It didn't have any official name until December 22, 2009, when it was named after the former manager of the club Marcelo Bielsa. Until then it was simply called El Coloso del Parque, and this remained as the stadium's popular name. It is currently used mostly for football matches, but it has hosted some rugby matches sometimes, albeit rarely. The stadium was built in 1911, and has had several expansions to its size since. It currently holds 42,000.
Parque de la Ciudad
The Parque de la Ciudad is a former amusement park in the Villa Soldati neighborhood of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Buenos Aires Museum of Modern Art
The Buenos Aires Museum of Modern Art known locally as the Museo de Arte Moderno de Buenos Aires or MAMBA is a modern art museum located in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The museum opened on April 11, 1956, and resulted from an initiative by sculptor and diplomat Pablo Curatella Manes and art critic Rafael Squirru. Located initially in Buenos Aires' Witcomb Gallery, the museum was later housed in the San Martín Cultural Center, and was moved to its current location, a former Nobleza Piccardo tobacconist in the San Telmo neighborhood, in 1986. Its collections include over 6,000 works, including those by Josef Albers, Antonio Berni, Curatella Manes, Raquel Forner, Romulo Macció, Marta Minujín, Emilio Pettoruti, Xul Solar and Wassily Kandinsky, among many other artists. Following a five-year, 15 million-dollar renovation, the museum's main building was reopened to the public on December 23, 2010; future expansion plans include an addition that would quadruple its existing 3,000 m² of space, and would absorb the library and archives annex, currently located at 963 Adolfo Alsina Street.
National Historical Museum
The Argentine National Historical Museum is located in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and is a museum dedicated to the history of Argentina, exhibiting objects relating to the May Revolution and the Argentine War of Independence.
Parque Centenario is an extensive public park in the Caballito district of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Lanín National Park
Lanín National Park is a national park of Argentina, located in the Neuquén Province, with forests of diverse tree varieties, mainly Fagaceae and conifers such as the lenga and the Araucaria, many species of which are not found elsewhere in Argentina. Within the park is located the famous Lanín volcano, with its cone shape and snowy top. It also holds the Huechulafquen, Aluminé, and Lácar lakes among others. In them, and the numerous rivers and streams, sport fishing of salmon and trout is practiced. The animal life of the park is similar to the southern Nahuel Huapi National Park. The tourist city of San Martín de los Andes on the shore of Lake Lácar serves as hub for tourists visiting the park, as well as to skiers visiting the nearby Chapelco ski centre.
National Museum of Decorative Arts, Buenos Aires
The National Museum of Decorative Arts is an art museum in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Congressional Plaza is a public park facing the Argentine Congress in Buenos Aires. The plaza is part of a 3 hectare open space comprising three adjoining plazas to the east of the Congress building. The Kilometre Zero for all Argentine National Highways is marked on a milestone at the Plaza.
San José palace
The San José Palace is the former personal residence of Justo José de Urquiza, Argentine caudillo, general, politician and President of the Argentine Confederation from 1854 to 1860. At present, the Palace is formally the setting of the Justo José de Urquiza Museum and National Monument. The Palace is located in the countryside, 23 km from the city of Concepción del Uruguay, in the province of Entre Ríos. It was designed by architect Pedro Fossati and built between 1848 and 1858. The Palace is a model of mid-19th-century Italian-Argentine architecture. The main floor has two large courtyards surrounded by 38 rooms, as well as an archive, a library, a playroom, a large dining room, kitchens, a chapel, and two surveillance towers. One can find such luxuries as Italian marbles, French mirrors, and gold-plated roofs. The archives treasure important historical documents, antiques, paintings of Urquiza's battles, and even manifestos of ships that landed on Concepción's port. These features are very well preserved; in many cases visitors are only allowed to watch and take photographs from the outside of the rooms. The building was the first in the country to have a complete system of running water. Pipes brought the water from the Gualeguaychú River, 2 km away.
Road of the Seven Lakes
The Road of the Seven Lakes is the popular name given to the provincial route 234 between San Martín de los Andes and Villa La Angostura in the Neuquén Province, Argentina. The 107 km dirt road that crosses the Lanín and Nahuel Huapi national parks provide access to several lakes in the forestial area of the Patagonic Andes, as well as to other sights. The seven most important lakes of the road after which the route is named are: ⁕Machónico ⁕Escondido ⁕Correntoso ⁕Espejo ⁕Lácar ⁕Falkner ⁕Villarino Other lakes accessible through secondary paths include the Meliquina, Hermoso, Traful and Espejo chico lakes.
The Lácar Lake is a lake of glacial origin in the province of Neuquén, Argentina. It is enclosed in a mountain range of the Andes, at 630 m above mean sea level, approximately at 40°11′S 71°32′W / 40.183°S 71.533°W. The area around the lake is mostly uninhabited, except for the small city of San Martín de los Andes on its northeastern coast. The lake has a surface area of 55 km² and a mean depth of 167 m, with a maximum of 277 m. Its catchment basin comprises 1,048 km². Like many Andean Argentine lakes, it drains across Chile and into the Pacific Ocean, in this case via the Huahum River that flows through Huahum Pass in the Andes. As the northernmost lake on the eastern side of Andes that drains to the Pacific the lake and his catchment basin was claimed by Chile until 1902 based on an interpretation of the Boundary treaty of 1881 between Chile and Argentina.
Reserva Provincial La Payunia
The Reserva Provincial La Payunia also known as Payún or Payén is a natural reserve located in the Malargüe Department in the southern part of Mendoza Province, Argentina, about 160 km away from Malargüe city. It was declared as nature preserve in 1988 and has an area of 4,500 km². La Payunia is home to the many volcanic cones, being noteworthy the Payún Matrú volcano.
Parque de la Independencia
The Parque de la Independencia is a large public park in Rosario, province of Santa Fe, Argentina. It is located near the geographical center of the city, its limits defined by Moreno Street and three important avenues: Pellegrini Avenue, Ovidio Lagos Avenue, and 27 de Febrero Boulevard. It has a surface area of 1.26 km² and includes a number of attractions: ⁕The Rosedal, finished in 1915, with several species of roses, as well as sculptures and fountains. ⁕The French Garden, built in 1942, with many flower arrangements and a large marble fountain. ⁕The Calendar, where every evening since 1946 gardeners re-arrange the flowers to show the date written on the ground. ⁕An area reserved for fairs, initially intended for agricultural expositions, then also industry and commerce. ⁕The former Rosario Jockey Club's horsetrack. ⁕The Museum of the City, opened in 1902, initially the School of Gardener Apprentices. ⁕The Jorge Newbery Municipal Stadium, started in 1925, the first state-funded sports venue for public use in the country. ⁕The Juan B. Castagnino Fine Arts Museum, opened in 1937. ⁕The Dr. Julio Marc Provincial Historical Museum, opened in 1939. ⁕The Children's Garden, an area of 35,000 m² with amusement and educational facilities.
Torre Monumental and before 1982 Torre de los Ingleses is a clock tower located in the barrio of Retiro, Buenos Aires, Argentina. It is situated in the Plaza Fuerza Aérea Argentina next to the Rua San Martín and Avenida del Libertador. It was a gift from the local British community to the city in commemoration of the centennial of the May Revolution of 1810. After the Falklands War in 1982, the tower was renamed Torre Monumental, though most still call it Torre de los Ingleses.
Lezama Park is a public park in the San Telmo district of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Juan B. Castagnino Fine Arts Museum
The Juan B. Castagnino Fine Arts Museum is an art museum in the city of Rosario, province of Santa Fe, Argentina, considered the most important of the interior of the country and the second in national terms. It is administered by the municipal government. The museum lies within the Parque de la Independencia immediately outside the city center, at the intersection of Oroño Boulevard and Pellegrini Avenue. The building was a project by architects Hilarión Hernández Larguía and Juan Manuel Newton and opened in 1936. It was donated to the Municipality by Mrs. Rosa Tiscornia de Castagnino in memory of her late son Juan Bautista Castagnino, an important art critic and collector at the time, and officially inaugurated as a museum on 7 December 1937. The museum has two floors, totalling 35 rooms with 700 linear meters available for exhibitions. The initial artistic patrimony of the museum was gathered from donations by private collectors, plus the patrimony of the former Municipal Fine Arts Museum, and then augmented by purchases by the municipality and the Museum Foundation. It now consists of more than 3,000 works, comprising European art, Argentine art of the 19th and 20th century, and works by Rosario artists until the 1930s. The contemporary art collection was moved to a new museum, the Museum of Contemporary Art of Rosario, opened in 2004.
The Paz Palace is a former mansion in Buenos Aires, Argentina, housing the Military Officers' Association, a social club maintained by the Argentine military.
Potrerillos is a district of the Luján de Cuyo Department of the province of Mendoza, Argentina. It includes a number of small settlements along Provincial Routes 82 and 89, National Route 7, and the rivers Blanco and Mendoza. The center of Potrerillos is 63 km south from Mendoza City. Potrerillos used to be a group of farms and agricultural facilities, that gained importance after the railroad system reached it. It then became a residential area, as well as a rest area for temporary residents, and a tourist resort. A large dam on the Mendoza River forms an artificial lake that measures 12 km in length and 3 km in maximum width. Uphill near its shore, the settlement of Villa Potrerillos, over 1,380 meters above mean sea level, serves as a base for activities such as hiking, rafting in the river, and paragliding.
San Martín Palace
San Martín Palace is located facing Plaza San Martín in the Retiro neighbourhood of Buenos Aires, Argentina and serves as the Ceremonial Headquarters for the Ministry of Foreign Relations.
Feria de San Telmo
Feria de San Telmo is an antique fair that takes place in the barrio of San Telmo, in Buenos Aires, Argentina. It was created in 1970 by architect José María Peña. The fair is composed of 270 stands. It is located in Plaza Dorrego and runs every Sunday from 10 am to 4 pm. It is visited by 10,000 people every Sunday; the majority are tourists from all over the world. On the streets, you can see Tango Shows and Orchestra Playing for all visitors, also you can buy typical food from the restaurants or informal sellers. There is also a hot sauce stand run by two Americans that has been growing in popularity recently. However the main attraction in this Feria is the antiques and cultural items offered.
Museo Juan Manuel Fangio
The Museo Juan Manuel Fangio, is a museum of motor racing cars, dedicated to Formula One driver Juan Manuel Fangio and located in Balcarce, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina.
Evita Fine Arts Museum
The Evita Fine Arts Museum is an art museum in Córdoba, Argentina.
Llancanelo Lake is a wetland with an area of 650 km² located in the Malargüe Department in the south of Mendoza Province, Argentina, 75 km from the city of Malargüe, at 1,280 m above mean sea level, within the arid region near the Andes in the limit between the regions of Cuyo and Patagonia. Llancanelo Lake is a provincial nature reserve. It hosts a variety of bird species, including flamingos, black-necked swans, herons and ducks. The lake is also a Ramsar Convention site since 8 November 1995.
The Water Company Palace
The Palace of Flowing Waters is an architecturally significant water pumping station in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Fortabat Art Collection
The Amalia Lacroze de Fortabat Art Collection is a museum of fine arts in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Chacabuco Park is a public park in the Parque Chacabuco section of Buenos Aires.
Los Reyunos Dam
The Los Reyunos Dam is a dam on the Diamante River, in central Mendoza Province, Argentina, some twenty-two miles from the city of San Rafael. The dam, built of stone and compacted clay to minimize execution and cost, is 440 feet high and contains a reservoir covering an area of 1,828 acres. The dam is used to generate hydroelectricity. This is done in a power station located below the level of the reservoir. About one mile downstream is a smaller, compensation dam called El Tigre. During the hours of decreased power demand, water is pumped from the reservoir of El Tigre back into Los Reyunos to stabilize the water level. The reservoir is employed in raising Salmonidae and silverside, allowing for sport fishing. Los Reyunos Fishing and Nautical Club, along with private summer residences and a hotel, lies on the western shore of the reservoir and serves as a base for activities in the lake and in the surrounding mountains.
Club de Pescadores
The Club de Pescadores is situated on the banks of the Río de la Plata in Costanera Norte Avenue, Buenos Aires, Argentina. The Club was founded in 1903 on an old pier built by a French company who used to tie up their coal boats there and discharge the coal into railway wagons waiting alongside. Some time later, when this activity had ceased and the condition of the pier had deteriorated, the fishermen who met there to practice their sport, decided to carry out repairs to the pier and to build a small shelter where they could store their belongings. On 10 August 1905 a violent storm on the river destroyed the pier. Despite this, club members were not put off and later continued their activities which by now included the organisation of regular fishing competitions. In 1926 a plan was initiated to construct a new pier with a building on it to house the social activities of the club. This received presidential consent in 1928 and construction of the pier was completed in 1930. The building on the pier, still in existence today, was designed by José N. Quartino and officially opened on 16 January 1937 in the presence the Argentina president General Agustín P. Justo.
Torre Espacial or Torre Interama is a 228 metre-high observation tower in the Villa Soldati section of Buenos Aires, Argentina. The tower was built in 1980 in the Parque de la Ciudad amusement park, and has observation decks at 220, 124 and 185 metres of height. From the highest one it is possible to see the Uruguayan coast.
Avellaneda Park is a public park in the Parque Avellaneda section of Buenos Aires.
Museo Carmen Funes
Natural history Museum
Museo Municipal Carmen Funes, or, the Carmen Funes Municipal Museum, is a museum of paleontology in Plaza Huincul, Neuquén Province, Argentina. It is best known for its collection of dinosaur fossils, including the only specimen of the largest recorded dinosaur remains, Argentinosaurus huinculensis, and the only known sauropod embryos, which were discovered at a huge nesting site in Auca Mahuida, Patagonia. Its standard abbreviation is MCF-PVPH, or just PVPH to denote the paleontological collection.
Municipal Museum of the City
The Museum of the City is a museum in Rosario, Argentina. It is located on 2300 Oroño Boulevard, on a corner of the Parque de la Independencia, and administered by the municipal government of the city. It was created on 24 August 1981, during the administration of mayor Alberto Natale. The museum was originally located on 1540 Oroño Bvld., in a property destined to be the mayor's residence. In the 1990s, the museum was moved to a new seat, built in 1902 for the use of the park administration and the Gardener's Apprentice School. The building was restored and adapted to its new functions, and the museum was officially re-opened there on 27 August 1993. The museum's collection is heterogeneous. It is composed of more than 7,000 objects, mostly everyday items, of variable intrinsic value, plus photographic and printed documents, books and periodic publications, from the late 19th century and all the 20th century.
Reserva Provincial Castillos de Pincheira
The Reserva Provincial Castillos de Pincheira is a natural area protected in Argentina. It's located about 27 km to the west of the Malargüe city in the southern part of the Mendoza Province. It is a natural monument sculpted by erosive actions, mainly of glaciers. Its form is very similar to a giant castle, in the front flow the Malargüe River and very near the Pincheira Stream. According to the legend, this site was a refuge for the Chilean bandits called Pincheira brothers, during the beginning of the 20th century. Around of the natural monument there are many arrows tips of the Huarpes, an ancient ethnic group who inhabited the zone.
Museum of Contemporary Art of Rosario
The Museum of Contemporary Art of Rosario is an annex to the Juan B. Castagnino Fine Arts Museum that is devoted to contemporary art, located in the city of Rosario, province of Santa Fe, Argentina. The MACRo lies beside the Paraná River, at the northern end of Oroño Boulevard, on the Estanislao López Riverfront Avenue. It was opened to the public on November 19, 2004. The works took advantage of the Davis Silos. The bulk of the building consists of eight large concrete silos, painted in different colors, with a diameter of 7.5 metres. The idea, according to the official site of the museum, was "to integrally preserve the building, exalting the unique features of concrete, stressing austerity as a value." There is a glass elevator outside the building, for a view of the river scenery and the nearby islands. The actual museum exhibition is located on an attached building that formerly housed the administrative offices. It has ten floors, for a total area of 970 m², and as of November 2005 maintained a collection of 300 art works by 220 different artists, including Lucio Fontana and Antonio Berni.
The Museo Histórico Sarmiento may refer to two museums dedicated to Domingo Sarmiento, the 7th President of Argentina. The Sarmiento House is located in the northern Buenos Aires suburb of Tigre and was the elder statesman's former residence, from 1855 until his death in 1888. It was declared a National Historic Monument in 1966. The Sarmiento History Museum is located in the Belgrano district of the city of Buenos Aires, itself. The history museum was designed by Antonio Buschiazzo and was the site of an 1880 treaty signed by President Nicolás Avellaneda and the Governor of the Province of Buenos Aires, Carlos Tejedor, providing for the federalization of the city of Buenos Aires and a more equitable distribution of the rapidly growing customs revenues. Domingo Sarmiento, had been a leading advocate for the treaty, and the building was converted into a library and a museum in his honor in 1938.
Cerro Bayo Complex
Cerro Bayo is a complex volcano on the northern part border between Argentina and Chile. It consists of four overlapping stratovolcanoes along a north-south line. The main volcano fauce is located on the Argentine side, thought the summit of the complex is just west of the border, in Chile.
Pozo de Las Ánimas
Dr. Julio Marc Provincial Historical Museum
The Dr. Julio Marc Provincial Historical Museum is a museum in Rosario, Argentina. It comprises more than 30 rooms hosting collections of archaeological items, Spanish-American art, numismatics, pre-Columbian textile and silverwork crafts, and weapons, complemented by archives, a library, and collections of historical newspapers and maps. The museum is located within the grounds of the Parque de la Independencia. It is administered by the government of the province of Santa Fe. It was founded in 1939, during the governorship of Manuel Iriondo, and received the name of Julio Marc, its first director.
Museum of Foreign Debt
The Museum of Foreign Debt was opened on April 28, 2005 in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The museum highlights the dangers of borrowing money from abroad. The Argentine economic crisis that drove the 2001 riots in Argentina prompted the largest foreign debt default in history – approximately $100 billion USD. The museum is located at the Faculty of Economics of the University of Buenos Aires, and shows the debt's history, how it grew, and the responsible parties for each action since the first attempt of independence in 1810. The museum has no entrance fee.
Laguna de la Niña Encantada
Museo Municipal de Bellas Artes
Museo Municipal de Bellas Artes is an art museum in Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina.
Blas Brísoli Dam